What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We collect your information from the following sources:
- Information you give us, such as during transactions, customer service operations, surveys, and website registrations,
- Information from other sources, such as companies that help us to update our records, and
- Information automatically collected when you visit or use our websites, such as via cookies and device information, and in stores, such as via video cameras.
How We Use and/or Disclose Your Information:
- Walmart does not sell or rent your personal information.
- Walmart uses your information to provide products and services and to support core business functions. These uses include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions.
- We may combine all the information we collect. We may disclose your information within our corporate family of companies.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following limited circumstances:
- with service providers or suppliers that help with our business operations or joint products.
- with your consent.
- when necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Walmart, customers, or associates, or when otherwise required by law.
Mobile Application Privacy:
In addition to the information above, the following applies to our mobile applications:
- Our mobile applications collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), and information about the way you use the applications. The mobile applications also collect certain information you voluntarily provide, such as product information when you scan a bar code, and transactional information, such as when you make a purchase or respond to an offer.
- Our mobile applications collect precise information about the location of your device, such as when you search for a store. You must first provide permission through your device before the application obtains such location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity (or a combination of these technologies). The Mobile Application section below addresses your choices with respect to our applications’ collection and use of your precise location information.
- Service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a unique device identifier, when you use our website or one of our mobile applications. This information will not be associated in any way with your account at Walmart or any personal information that identifies who you are.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.